If you are wondering if it's possible to restore a single file or folder using Déjà Dup, it is!
And without using the command line, if that's not your jam. With a fast, one-time configuration, you can have a shortcut in Thunar (the default File Manager for XFCE) that allows you to right-click any file and restore it to a previous version.
First open a Thunar window.
- Go to Edit and Configure custom actions...
- Click the + sign on the right side.
- Fill up the Name, Description and Command fields. The command should be:
deja-dup --restore %F
- Select an Icon if you like. It will show up on your context menu.
- Click on the Appearance Conditions tab and select all 6 boxes.
- Click on Ok.
It looks like this:
And that it! Now when you right click on a file or folder you should have a an option with the name Restore previous version (or any name you choose), and you just have to click it, select the backup, the date and it will be restored!